Hello friends, in today’s article we are going to read what is System Restore and what are its benefits as well as we will also know how to restore the system in windows 7 and windows 10.
Those who have basic knowledge about computers, they must know about System Restore, when and for what it is useful, but if you are a new computer, then this article is going to be very beneficial for you.
With the help of this article, you can solve the software problem in your computer or laptop. That’s why read this post till the last. After reading this, you can easily solve any problem on your computer.
So let’s first know what is System Restore?
What is System Restore
System Restore is an inbuilt feature of Microsoft Windows itself, with the help of which you can fix the problems of your computer.
In other words, it can be said that a feature that allows the user to bring back his computer’s files, installed application, window registry, and system settings to the previous point.
This feature was first included in Windows ME, after that, it was made available in all versions of windows.
By the way, System Restore works the same for all windows. But today I am going to tell you about how to restore the system in windows7 and windows10 in this post.
Example – Suppose if any application is not working on your computer or if such a driver has been installed which is causing problems in the computer, then we use System Restore to fix it.
Whenever we keep working on a computer or laptop, windows automatically makes some “Restore Point”. Or you can create your own restore point at any time.
This restore point is created at the time when you want to update any application or drivers or windows etc on your computer.
If something goes wrong while doing an application or driver then you can run System Restore because without it there is no other solution to fix it.
System Restore returns your computer to its previous state.
Is System Restore Affecting Your Personal Files?
Like a computer also has the facility to take backup but restore is completely different from backup. This apk works on the built-in windows system instead of all the files on the hard disk of the computer.
Whenever you restore, this app does not delete and replace any personal file. That is why do a backup process to save your personal files. There is no system restore to save files.
Does System Restore affect the apps installed on the computer?
When you restore by selecting the restore point that has been made on your computer or laptop, then all the apps installed after that point will be uninstalled. But the apps which are installed before that point will remain the same and will be fine if they have any problems.
It is a good idea to restore or to reduce the problems related to software in the computer. Although the windows themselves automatically create restore points, if made manually then it is also best.
Many times a restore point is not made in automatic, then if you have made it manually then it is very beneficial for you.
Can System Restore remove viruses or any other malware?
If you have deleted a virus or malware from the computer, then do not use system restore because it is not a good option for this. To remove the virus, you should always install antivirus on your computer or laptop. To know more about antivirus and viruses, you can read the articles given below.
How to Enable System Restore
Most people keep their system on their main drive C for System Restore and turn off the other drive. But if you also want to keep your pc on for the main drive, then follow the steps given below.
1. First of all type restore in the start menu.
2. Click on Create a Restore Point.
3. On clicking, a dialog box will open. In this, you will see different tabs.
4. You have to click on the System Protection tab and go to the Protection setting section.
5. Where the number of drives you have on your pc will appear. And for which drives protection is enabled, they will also be able to see.
6. If you want to turn on protection, then select that drive from the list. And click on configure button.
So let us now do how to do System Restore?
How to Create System Restore Point in Windows7 (Hindi)
If you are using windows7 then you want to create the point of its system restore, then follow the steps given for this niche –
• First of all type restore at the start Menu.
• Then click on Create a Restore Point.
• Go to the System Protection tab and click on Create button.
• Whenever you create a restore point, then definitely type a description that will help you to remember why and why this system restore point has been created.
• Then click on create
• It may take 30 seconds to create a restore point, click on close.
How to Restore Our System to Earlier Restore Point
If we want to restore our system then a restore point should be made in advance. If there is a restore point in your system, then you can restore to the previous restore point.
To run System Restore Point, follow the steps given below.
• First of all go to the start menu and type restore.
• Then click on the system restore option.
• On clicking, the dialog box of System Restore will open.
• Click on Next Button.
• On clicking, whatever system points have already been created in front of you will be visible.
• Or click on Show more Restore point. The automatic restore points made by this are shown.
• After selecting any restore point, click on the Next button.
• Then click on the button named Finish in the last.
• After finishing your system restore will start.
• As soon as the computer starts from then your system will be activated at that restore point.
In this way, if you want to access the restore point in windows 7, then follow the above steps.
Friends, by now you must have understood What is System Restore and How to Restore in Windows 7? I hope this post will prove to be very good for you and if you like this post then please share this post.
If there is any doubt related to this article, then tell by commenting in the comment box, then every effort will be made to reply to your comment. Friends, thank you so much for reading this post!
You can read this post in the Hindi Language – Click Here